Camera tripods can cost a fortune. If you are on a budget, it can be difficult to find the best camera tripod for your camera that is under $50. But don’t worry; we’ve done all of the research for you!
We have listed 10 inexpensive camera tripods or in simple words, the 10 best camera tripods under 50 dollars that will meet any budget and fulfill any need. Best of all, they won’t break your bank account!
You may like:-
- What Shutter Speed Requires a Tripod?
- 10 best budget camera tripod for Photographers
- 10 best camera tripod under $100 (Updated List)
- How to Choose and Buy a Tripod for a DSLR Camera
Best Camera Tripod Under $50- (Our 3 Top Picks)
Buying Guide – 10 Best Camera Tripods Under $50
1. AmazonBasics Lightweight Camera Mount Tripod
- Adjustable-height tripod made of lightweight aluminum; weighs just over a pound
- 3-way head allows for tilt and swivel motion; portrait or landscape options
- Quick-release plate helps ensure fast transitions between shots
- 3-section, lever-lock legs for easy height adjustments; zippered storage bag included
This travel tripod is a sometimes-underused accessory of a camera setup. With that in mind, the new AmazonBasics Lightweight Camera Mount Tripod is here to help put your shots out of this world with its adjustable height and 3-way head.
Whether you’re trying for landscape or portrait orientation, it’ll be easy with the quick release plate and 3-section, lever-lock tripod legs. It comes ready to go with a zippered carry bag – never leave home without one again!
This great shooter’s camera tripod weighs less than 1 pound so you won’t have to worry about any heft boggling down the rest of your photography equipment while you’re on-site capturing scenes from a bird’s eye view.
Measuring 16.5 inches collapsed, this lightweight and compact camera tripod expand up to 50 inches for those daredevil shots that require lengthy extensions. But it’s not recommended for heavy use.
2. JOBY GorillaPod 500
- Flexible: Flexible legs wrap around objects for unlimited angles and precise composition control
- Modern: New stainless steel reinforced ballhead with 90° tilt, perfect for shooting in portrait or landscape mode for FaceTime, livestreaming and selfies
- Versatile: Mount point-and-shoot cameras, lighting, microphone, Pico projector, action cam, speaker, any device weighing less than 1lb with a ¼"-20 tripod mount or...
- Portable: Compact & lightweight (weighs in at just under 3 oz) for easy transport in pocket, handbag or backpack
The GorillaPod 500 is the perfect budget camera tripod for the on-the-go marketer. Its flexible tripod legs wrap around objects of any shape, making positioning a breeze.
No matter where you are or what you’re shooting, the camera will always be at just the right angle for professional-quality photos or videos.
And with modern features like its stainless steel reinforced ball head and 90° tilt capability, this compact device can make video calls even easier!
The JOBY GorillaPod 500 makes sure the perfect video is captured every time you use it. The modern, stainless steel reinforced ball head features a 90-degree tilt that can be used in portrait or landscape mode for FaceTime, live streaming, and selfies!
If you are looking to mount your point-and-shoot camera on something other than flat terrain, look no further. With this versatile travel tripod’s feet gripping surfaces of any terrain, stability becomes less of an issue.
Rubberized rings and foot grips provide enhanced stability in difficult terrain as well! Capture amazing videos from anywhere with the GorillaPod 500 today!
3. Takama Flip-Zip Tripod Monopod
- Takama FlipZip Multi-Functional Tripod/Monopod - Zippered Case - Takama 1-Year USA Warranty
- Quick Flip Lock Legs
- Strong Aluminum Alloy 3 Section Rubber Tipped Legs
- Full Feature 2 Way Tripod Head
With so many applications, this Tripod is a must-have on every adventure. The zippered case keeps all the pieces together while being carried more easily and securely than a traditional bulky tripod setup.
It has a full feature 2-way tripod head with a tilt handle that opens to reveal your smartphone clip system.
The rubber foot can be fitted into any terrain or surface for easy gripping and provide a solid footing in most weather conditions!
Strong aluminum alloy 3 sections which fold out quickly to get you set up faster, perfect for unpredictable environments.
Ideal for everyday use from low-angle selfie snapshots to high-angle mountain photography – the Takama FlipZip Multi-Functional tripods/monopods will get you what you need without unnecessary fuss!
4. Victiv 72-inch Camera Tripod
- ⓵ LIGHTWEIGHT FOR TRAVEL - Compactness when stored and weighs only 3.3 lbs/1.5 kilograms, easy to move around with a strapped carrying bag; Flip leg lock for SUPER...
- ⓶ VERSATILITY OF FUNCTIONALIT - Height from 21"-72" can use it with binoculars for star viewing, family and home movies; 4-section column legs are able to stretch...
- ⓷ UPGRADED SOLID CONSTRUCTION - Made of aluminum alloy, THICKER leg tube than the ordinary tripod, sturdy adequate for long exposure work and keep the camera...
- ⓸ TRIPOD AND MONOPOD COMBINED UNIT - Takes about 5 seconds to go from the tripod into a 55-inch monopod and reduces the weight of travel. Pay one, get two...
This lightweight travel tripod is like having an extra set of hands – leveling out my shots for maximum quality. You can use it not only at home but also when I’m traveling, so you can vlog and create great YouTube videos easily wherever I go!
It’s lightweight to carry around with a shoulder strap for total portability. And the built-in flip leg locks make setup a breeze because all you have to do is just lock them down fast!
It will also keep your camera gear really stable. Thanks to its aluminum alloy construction, which has been upgraded from other models.
So if you’re looking for a tripod that offers reliable performance every time no matter the situation, this one’s perfect for everything from capturing still photos or shooting long exposure films.
The Victiv 72-inch Camera Tripod for DSLR camera is the best of both worlds: a tripod AND monopod in one. It might make you wonder why anyone would ever need anything else, but it doesn’t stop there!
With 4 section column legs that extend to a whopping 72 inches high, you’ll find the perfect height for any situation. Whether for star viewing or movie making with family and friends, this is the go-to tripod for all your needs…even if they include binoculars at 21 inches off the ground!
5. UBeesize 67” Camera Tripod
- 【 IMPRESSIVE HEIGHT RANGES】Collapsing to tabeletop height 20.1 inches and expanding to 67.3 inches in only a few seconds, this tripod fully adapts to a...
- 【 MULTIPLE SHOOTING ANGLES】 Thanks to its versatile central mechanism, it adjusts to multiple shooting angles in only a few seconds, including Landscape Mode,...
- 【UNIVERSAL PHONE MOUNT & WIRELESS REMOTE】The tripod provides a universal 360° rotating phone holder, extending from 58mm(2.3Inches) to 115mm（4.5Inches) that...
- 【UNIQUE PREMIUM DESIGN】 Our tripod combines high-quality materials (High-grade Alluminum Alloy with ABS Resin), technological expertise and innovation with...
You’ll be snapping pictures like never before with the UBeesize 67” Camera Tripod. This DSLR tripod adapts to your height, giving you more control than ever before over what you’re shooting.
Whether it’s your family on Christmas morning or that time of year when leaves start to turn, shoot confidently and vividly with this friendly helper!
From low-angle shots to high-angle shots, it can do it all! Get one for every member of the family so you don’t miss a moment of fun – or get 10 because traveling is about capturing memories after all.
The UBeesize 67” Camera Tripod is guaranteed to be your next best companion when you are in the woods. It is lightweight, portable, and has a universal phone mount with a wireless remote that will give you absolute control over your photos or videos.
With high-quality materials, innovative design, and superior Italian craftsmanship this affordable tripod can suit any style of mirrorless camera or is need-ready for all types of photography at every stage!
6. AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod
- Lightweight tripod with adjustable-height legs and rubber feet
- Compatible with most video cameras, digital cameras, still cameras, GoPro devices, smartphone adapters (not included), and scopes.
- Recommended max load weight is 6.6 lbs (3kg) for optimal performance
- Weighs 3 lbs; Extends from 25 inches to 60 inches when center post is fully extended; Carrying case included
You already know the best things come in threes. And with this tripod, it’ll be no different! At any time (or height!) you need it to be, this lightweight tripod is ready for anything you throw at it without weighing too heavy on your foot.
The AmazonBasics 60-inch Lightweight Tripod has three very cool features: Firstly, the adjustable-height legs make getting set up fun and easy – second of all (no pun intended), rubber feet ensure a grip so steady your camera won’t wiggle an inch!
But the real magic comes from a third feature: its compatibility with virtually everything. With a max load weight of 3kgs/6.6lbs and a carrying case included for easy transportability, you’ll be sure to find the perfect spot for this tripod wherever you are!
This set of built-in bubble view levels will allow you to shoot what you want at whatever angle you need it to be! And with a 3-way head option that allows portrait or landscape shots, this tripod has a little bit of something for everyone.
7. 70-Inch Camera/Phone Tripod Monopod
- [Less Space Occupy] This compact camera tripod stand expanded diameter of the base is 15.7 - 23.6 inch, so it's very useful when there is not enough space for large...
- [6 in One Complete Tripod] This desktop vlog tripod stand for camera and phone come with all neccessary tools including: small tripod base, tripod head, monopod,...
- [Easier Adjust the Height] Compare with traditional tripod this small tripod is easier to adjust the height by adjust the center pole. And center pole can be removed...
- [Pan Head Tripod 3-Way with Level Bubble] 360 degree panning and titling with horizontally and vertically, easy to change directions at different angles.
For when you’re in need of a tripod, but don’t have the space for one. The 70-Inch Camera/Phone Tripod Monopod is lightweight and compact, allowing you to bring it anywhere without having to worry about taking up any extra space.
And because this tripod stand supports devices weighing anywhere from 0.5 pounds (0.02kg) all the way up to 11 pounds (5kg), your best friend will never let you down!
This tripod is all you need, whether you’re shooting a family video or making that “special” video for someone special.
The monopod style makes the set-up quick and easy while its three legs can easily be adjusted to change the balance. Comes with a small monopod for convenience too!
The high-quality aluminum budget tripod extension is so lightweight and durable, it’s perfect to carry with you when traveling.
8. Torjim 60” Camera Tripod
- 【60" Adjustable Height】 The maximum height of the adjustable tripod is 60 inches. 4-section column legs with a quick release flip-lock knob allows it to be...
- 【360° Rotation Function】 The convenient handle and built-in bubble level can realize the tripod translation and tilt movement, so as to meet any angle required...
- 【Lightweight Solid & Sturdy Rubber Feet】Stable rubber feet provide superior stability in a variety of terrains, which plays an important part in your travel....
- 【Extra Phone Holder & Wireless Control】 Tripod of the phone is equipped with a phone holder, which can be used for photo shootings, YouTube live streaming, and...
Your time is saved by this 60″ Adjustable Camera Tripod with its lightweight aluminum 4-leg stand that can be hauled very easily or even mounted on the ground to capture clear and steady pictures and videos.
It’s perfect for the camera enthusiast, this budget tripod will make it easy to take great pictures. It can rotate 360 degrees and includes a handy drive level to help you properly position your angle.
With a quick-release plate, you’ll be able to swiftly mount your camera on the stand with minimal hassle.
The Torjim Camera Tripod has a zippered carry bag for easy carrying and secure storage, as well as including an instruction manual with detailed instructions for setup.
9. Manfrotto MTPIXI PIXI Mini Tripod
- Lightweight and portable design
- Rapid push button lock system for head adjustment
- Solid construction - Rubber Feet
- 5.3" Maximum Height Supports up to 2.2 lb Weighs Just 6.7 oz
You deserve a second to take out the phone for that perfect selfie and we can help! With the mini affordable tripod, you can easily capture the new moments in your life and share them with friends and family all over the world.
Say goodbye to blurry pictures on shaky hands, because this little guy keeps everything steady as a rock. 360° rotating degrees lets you move seamlessly from selfies of yourself or groups of people without having to adjust or exchange anything so you never miss a moment.
8-inch height is just right for making videos across medium distances without getting too close which makes it ideal for everyday shots of your kids acting silly, pets hanging out at home, taking pictures of the food coming off the grill, and more! Enjoy easy carrying and compact storage (fits in your pocket or purse) with included a small carry bag.
10. KODAK PhotoGear 2-in-1 Tripod & Monopod
- CONVERTIBLE TRIPOD MONOPOD COMBO | Innovative 2-in-1 Design Provides Ultimate Flexibility for Shooting Indoor & Outdoor Events, Studio Photo Sessions & Landscape,...
- SOLID ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION | Leg Tubes are Super Strong & Durable, Yet Lightweight & Compact Enough for Travel | Folds Down to 22” for Convenient Storage | Rubber...
- 3-WAY SMOOTH SWIVELING HEAD | Platform Supports 360° Tilting & Panning on Horizontal & Vertical Planes | Enjoy Full Range of Movement—Perfect for Changing...
- ADAPTS & ADJUSTS IN SECONDS | Discover Endless Shooting & Framing Possibilities! Tripod Features Quick Flip-Lock Height Adjustment | Monopod Adapts Via...
It’s time to get creative. Find the perfect focal point for your next masterpiece with this lightweight, dual-purpose budget tripod/monopod combo.
Leave it folded down when you’re on the go or need a quick tripod set up in cramped quarters, then unfold and convert into a 65″-long monopod when you’ve got some space–perfect for capturing photos of flowers blowing in the wind or dramatic downhill shots.
Great travel companion too! The center column also slides off altogether to transform this 86″ total height tripod into a 7′ tall monopod made of steady aluminum alloy with butted joints capable of holding up to 8 pounds.
The Kodak PhotoGear 2-in-1 Tripod & Monopod is perfect for practically any amateur or professional photographer.
With SOLID ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION as one of the finest features, this tripod will support your camera as smoothly as possible so all those memories can be locked down.
FAQs Over the Internet
What is the best cheap tripod?
This is a really easy question with a lot of possible answers.
The two most important factors in selecting the best cheap tripod are (1) Weight and (2) Height. As long as you can afford to trade height for weight, you’ll get the best bang for your buck.
Many cheaper tripods will give up ground height – but if you don’t mind being limited on how high or low your camera can be positioned, then it’s probably cheaper to sacrifice height one time than it is to buy multiple smaller models that can reach higher heights.
A lot of photographers work with their cameras suspended off the ground just above an object they’re shooting – often this means that weights are added to keep them from slumping down as well as to prevent wind from blowing them over.
What is the best tripod for beginners?
There are a few things you should know before buying a tripod: Material, Height, Weight Capacity, and Price. For most people, the most cost-effective option is carbon fiber tripods because they can’t break as easily as aluminum and don’t weigh as much as steel.
The deciding factor is usually their height and weight capacity – tripods with 18″ legs like the MeFOTO Classic Aluminum 4 Section Tripod use thinner but lighter materials that will collapse to fit into airline overhead compartments for easier travel. Ultimately what matters most is how your tripod performs for your needs.
Which tripod is best for photography?
I recommend tripods with fluid heads like the Induro CT214 if you want very high-quality video results.
The Carbon Fiber GT3517C3 has an advanced fluid head that makes it excellent for stills or video, and if this is your main interest then metal simply can’t compete with carbon fiber in terms of weight and rigidity (weight will make it easier to carry around).
If budget is your main concern (still photography) then I recommend the aluminum GITZO tripod designs; they will last for years and provide great support at a lower price.
How much does a good tripod cost?
$30-$60 – These tripods will be lightweight and compact, but not very sturdy. They are best for those who only need a tripod occasionally.
$70-$160 – These tripods will be a bit sturdier, have a little more heft to them, and will come with an occasional video capability which is very handy if you find yourself needing to record on the go.
This price range includes our best-seller, the new GorillaPod Magnetic XL, as well as its cousin the Standard GorillaPod SLR.
$180+ – This price range has many high-quality options from high-end manufacturers such as Vinta or Manfrotto. These have great adjustability for a variety of shooting conditions and are a great investment for those who need to use their tripod more often.
What is monopod vs tripod?
A monopod differs from a tripod as it consists of just one leg that is moved around. Some photographers will use a monopod for bird watching, wildlife, and travel photography to reduce weight.
They are great for moving more quickly on the go with less camera gear. Monopods that have a ball head at the top can swivel side to side or up and down too which makes them even more attractive for those looking to move around quickly with their gear.
Is Joilcan a good tripod?
I really like this tripod. It comes with two neat features, namely the bubble level and the click-stop leg locks.
Additionally, unlike all or at least most other tripods on the market for this price point, it collapses to just 11″ deep which is nice if you’re traveling light.
The build quality seems exceptional – everything feels very robust and well put together.
There are enough leg locking mechanisms that I never felt that my camera was in any danger of tipping over even when using it at full height. The ball head was also top-notch – so much so that I ended up buying one separately too!
Which tripod is good for a DSLR?
The best tripod is the one that gets the job done for you, at a level of quality that meets or exceeds your particular needs. The only annoying thing about this advice is that there are so many tripods available to people these days, so it can feel impossible at times to figure out which ones are actually any good.
To help you navigate this modern field, here’s what I recommend:
Select three or four candidate tripods–the more accurate and complete your research process on them feels like it has been, the more accurate choice will be made in the end.
We have shown you some of the best inexpensive options for camera tripods, but there are many more out there to choose from.
If you’re looking for a specific type or brand that is not on this list, let us know about it. We will love to hear from you.