No matter if you are a photographer, blogger, or just an online shopper looking for the best deals on your favourite products, the product photography is an important part of marketing. In order to find the best camera for product photography, there are many different things to consider. Not only does it need to be easy to use and have superior image quality but it also needs to be affordable.
When looking at a camera for product photography, make sure that you take into account what type of products you will primarily be shooting as well as how often you plan on using the decent camera in your work or personal life so that you can get one that fits all of your needs.
As technology has advanced over time we now see dslr cameras with amazing features like wifi connectivity, touch screens, Bluetooth capability, and more. These types of capabilities allow for complete control while filming video content which ultimately gives better results.
- Nude Photography: The Beginners Guide (7 Things to Remember).
- The Ultimate Guide to Buying the Best Camera for Fashion Blogging.
- What does ISO stand for in Photography?
- Canon EOS R review (A Decent Mirrorless Camera).
In this blog post, we will cover 7 cameras that we believe are perfect for all types of photographers and budgets!
Our Top 3 Choices for product photography
Buying Guide- 7 Cameras for Great Product Photography
1. Sony a6400
- Next Gen speed: experience the world’s fastest 0. 02 sec AF with real-time AF and object tracking
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84% of the sensor
- Fast and accurate: up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24. 2MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
So in our top pick for the best camera for product photography, we have the Sony a6400. The Sony a6400 is an ideal choice for those with minimal knowledge of cameras and does not require advanced functions such as manual controls or wireless options.
It has Wi-Fi capabilities but you will find that it’s best to avoid using this feature at all costs because even when used in the most optimal conditions, there are frequent lags between pressing the button on your smartphone app and what action is taken by the camera itself which can result in blurry pictures if shooting fast-paced subjects.
It has an APS-C sensor and 24.2MP resolution for great images, so you can shoot in low light without worrying about grainy images or blurry photos.
This camera for product photography also features a fast autofocus system that’s great for shooting moving objects like people, pets, cars and more. You won’t find another device like it on the market today. It’s not just an amazing product but also an incredible experience you can have every day of your life.
You don’t want to be stuck in your studio all day trying to get the perfect shot of your latest creation. With this camera, you’ll have everything at your fingertips so you can spend less time behind the lens and more time creating beautiful work.
If you’re looking for something more robust than just point and shoot capability that still offers ease of use then our next pick might be better suited for you.
- Compact build quality.
- 24MP APS-C image sensor.
- The quick, accurate autofocus system.
- Selfie LCD screen.
- Built-in flash.
- Limited external controls.
- Old technology is employed to make a viewfinder and screen.
2. Canon EOS Rebel T7i
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor;DIGIC 7 Image Processor; 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps;45-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF;Up to 6 fps Shooting and ISO 51200; Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth
- HDR Movie and Time-Lapse Movie; EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
The next is Canon EOS Rebel T7i in our list.
It’s packed with features that make everyday life easier, more entertaining and more productive. It’s the perfect device for anyone who wants to do more with their camera.
The Canon provides a 24MP resolution and has a decent ISO range of 100 – 25,600 which means you can shoot in nearly any lighting conditions.
It also features face detection technology that automatically adjusts focus on your subject’s eyes to capture their best expressions.
You can choose between standard or live view shooting modes with the touch screen LCD display for true versatility when capturing moments for uploads later.
Lastly, this high quality camera for product photography comes equipped with a high-quality lens that includes built-in image stabilization where distortion at all focal lengths will be reduced up to three stops (VR) according to your needs.
You can use your finger to quickly swipe between apps or zoom into photos, so everything feels fluid and natural on this larger display.
With just one hand, you can easily reach content at the top of the screen without adjusting your grip or switching hands. You won’t find another device like it on the market today. It’s not just an amazing product but also an incredible experience you can have every day of your life.
If these specs don’t sell you then I’m not sure what else would convince you.
- The fast 45-point autofocus system.
- 6fps burst shooting.
- Dual Pixel AF works very well for video.
- Video limited to 1080p.
3. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up...
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or live view shooting; LCD monitor has a full touchscreen interface, including selection of AF...
- Excellent performance - up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6 plus Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
The next camera is Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. This is the camera that will be best for you if you are a professional photographer or someone who needs to use the best DSLR camera on the market.
The Canon EOS has been around since 2010 and is still one of the best cameras that’s available today.
This camera capture images in RAW format which gives your post-processing much more flexibility than other formats might offer. Plus, its 50MP sensor captures amazing detail even when there isn’t great lighting present – this is perfect for product photography.
The only downside to using this type of camera for product photography with Adobe Lightroom is that it can take a long time to edit photos because they are so large (.RAF file types).
However, many people find these files easier to work with than .jpgs as they are much quicker to load and don’t show any distortion or compression.
With this camera, you can create your own style without worrying about limitations or restrictions.
Whether you’re shooting stills or video, this device will help bring out your creativity like never before!
And because it shoots 4K video at 30 frames per second (fps), there are endless possibilities when editing footage on a computer later on down the line.
Plus, with its dual card slots (CF & SD) and compatibility with both CFast 2.0 cards as well as UDMA 7 Compact Flash memory cards – there’s no need to worry about running out of space while capturing memories that last a lifetime!
With this powerful tool at your disposal, it’s time for you to unleash your creativity like never before! Whether you’re shooting weddings or capturing landscapes on vacation – the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV will be there every step of the way. You deserve only the best equipment when it comes to taking photos so don’t wait another day.
- Full-frame sensor.
- Dual Pixel AF is a game-changer for video.
- Superior high ISO capability.
- HDMI-out limited to 1080p.
4. Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario lens (20 1220 millimeter and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures...
- High Resolution View Finder and LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright...
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution...
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results; Note: Refer to user manual PDF attached...
Another great piece of hardware for product photography is the Panasonic Lumix FZ80.
The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera is the perfect camera for those who are looking to capture their memories in high image quality.
With a 60x zoom and 18.1-megapixel sensor, this camera can go from far away moments to close-ups with ease.
You’ll be able to see every detail of your photos on the 3 inch LCD Display or through the viewfinder so that you never miss a moment again.
The screen size is four inches, so if you’re looking for something more portable then this might be the best choice for you.
The battery life lasts about 600 shots before requiring charging (which may vary depending on how often you use the flash).
This camera also has a built-in WiFi (802.11b/g/n) and GPS, so you can upload your photos to Facebook or Twitter in an instant!
The best part about the Panasonic Lumix FZ80 is that it’s very affordable for those on a budget.
However, this does not compromise how high image quality is because of its 18-megapixel sensor.
- Huge 60x zoom range.
- Fast autofocus.
- 10fps Raw capture.
- 30fps 4K Photo capture.
- No EVF eye sensor.
- Fixed rear LCD.
5. Nikon D7500
- Class leading image quality, ISO range, image processing and metering equivalent to the award winning D500
- Large 3.2” 922k dot, tilting Lcd screen with touch functionality. Temperature: 0 °c to 40 °c (32 °f to 104 °f) humidity: 85 percentage or less (no...
- 51 point AF system with 15 cross type sensors and group area AF paired with up to 8 fps continuous shooting capability
- 4k ultra hd and 1080p full hd video with stereo sound, power aperture control, auto ISO, 4k UHD time lapse and more
The Nikon D7500 is a perfect choice for those who want to take their photography to the next level.
It offers 20.9 MP, which means you can shoot in low light with ISO 100-51200 extendable up to ISO 1640000 (equivalent).
And 4K/UHD video footage makes this camera even more versatile than ever before.
With a D7500 camera body, 18-140 mm VR lens, AN-DC3 strap, BF-1B camera body cap, DK-28 eyepiece adapter and EN-EL15a li-ion battery included – you have everything you need to start shooting like a pro right out of the box.
The 51-point AF system will track your subject, lock onto it and keep it in focus so you never miss an important shot again.
Plus, 4K/UHD video footage means you can relive all of your memories over and over again as if they were happening right now!
Whether you want to do product photography or you’re into family portraits, this good camera is perfect for all of your needs.
- Image quality buffer holds 50 uncompressed RAWs.
- Excellent high-ISO performance.
- Automated AF Fine Tune is very useful.
- Low rear screen resolution.
6. Sony a7R IV
- Stunning resolution: world’s first 61MP full-frame 35mm back-illuminated Exmore R CMOS Image Sensor. The product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie
- High speed: up to 10Fps continuous shooting at 61MP with AE/AF tracking; 26. 2MP in APS-C crop mode
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus: 567 Phase detection AF points and 425 contrast AF points to cover more area
- Advanced subject recognition: real-time tracking and real-time eye AF for humans, animals and movies
The Sony a6400 is another one of the best mirrorless cameras for product photography.
It is the world’s first full-frame camera with an ultra high resolution of 61MP.
It features a back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor, which captures incredible detail and colour in any light condition. This allows you to capture stunning images that are packed with detail and rich colours.
You’ll love the advanced subject recognition and accurate colour reproduction as well.
The Sony a7R IV versatile mirrorless camera also has 567 phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast AF points for fast, accurate focusing on even the smallest details.
It features an Exmor R CMOS sensor with 24MP, which captures life-like detail even in low light camera settings. The affordable camera also has 425 contrast AF points and 169 phase-detection AF points for reliable focusing on any subject.
It uses internal memory or an SD card to store all your high quality images without draining battery power from your phone or tablet while you shoot, so you can keep shooting long after sunset!
And since it’s equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, transferring photos and videos will be easier than ever before!
The best lens for product photography is really depending upon what type of photoshoot it needs to be; however, 50mm and 85mm lenses are always popular choices because they produce beautiful background blur that makes products pop out from backgrounds without having to use an expensive macro lens or low f stop number like f/16.
If you need something wider angle then 35mm or 28 mm should work well too.
- Improved ergonomics.
- Upgraded weather sealing.
- Eye-tracking AF.
- Small body/big lens imbalance.
7. Nikon D850
- Nikon designed back side illuminated (BSI) full frame image sensor with no optical low pass filter
- 45.7 megapixels of extraordinary resolution, outstanding dynamic range and virtually no risk of moiré
- Up to 9 fps1 continuous shooting at full resolution with full AF performance
- 8k6 and 4k time lapse movies with new levels of sharpness and detail; file system : DCF 2.0, exif 2.31, Pict bridge
The last but not the least one in our top picks are the Nikon D850.
With its well-designed ergonomics, high ISO range and excellent dynamic range, you can capture amazing shots in low light with any subject matter.
The colour reproduction on this digital camera makes your photos feel as if they were taken by a professional photographer.
It has an effective resolution of 45 megapixels which can be cropped to 19mp while maintaining sharpness without much noise at all!
There are plenty of different lenses that will attach to this body including the Sigma Art 35mm f/lens (which I highly recommend).
Overall, you should get this camera because not only is it very affordable but also produces beautiful photographs every time you use it to shoot.
It’s a little pricey when it comes to budget, but the price tag doesn’t just cover its abilities as a product photographer; this Nikon offers tons of camera features that most professional photographers would find useful in their everyday work.
The 45-megapixel sensor and some other great specs make the Nikon D850 stand out against competitors like Canon EOS R or Sony A6400.
As with any best product photography camera pick list, there are no bad choices here – all these best cameras will get you pretty good results and produce beautiful photos. But they do differ on various aspects which may be important to professional photographers: performance, weight, size… So we hope that this article will help you make the right choice in your best camera for product photography.
- Extraordinary resolution capacity.
- Good dynamic range.
- Nice ISO performance.
- No Inbuilt flash is.
So, what is the best camera for product photography? The truth is that there’s no one perfect answer. It really depends on your budget and needs as a photographer or business owner.
We’ve compiled a list of the 7 best cameras for product photography, to help you get started with your own business.
Whether you’re a beginner or pro, these high resolution cameras will help to take your product photography game to the next level.
If one of our top picks doesn’t suit your needs, then be sure to read through all 7 reviews and find the perfect product photography camera for you!
If there are any specific questions that we didn’t cover in this article and would be helpful information to include on our blog post page, please let us know!
You can find out more about each camera by clicking through to the end of their description below. Which one do you think is the best? Let us know in the comments section below.