If you want to capture the stars at night, or convey the movement of water in a waterfall, or take a panoramic landscape shot… or maybe you just want a way to take a selfie?!
Whatever the case, this guide on the best tripod for DSLR users will definitely help you out.
Camera tripods are an essential tool for any photographer. Without one, you may be left with blurry shots or photos that have a lot of motion blur. This is because the camera is not being kept still enough to get a clear shot. Tripod legs come in all shapes and sizes but they each serve the same function: to hold the camera steady so it can capture a high-quality photograph.
When picking out your tripod keep these things in mind: do you need height adjustment? Is this tripod sturdy enough to support your heavier camera? Can it handle windy conditions?
These are just some of the questions you should ask yourself before making your final decision on which tripod will work best for you!
You may like:-
- 10 Reasons To Use Canon M50 Mark II
- 5 best camera under 300$ that you need to buy
- What lens should you buy first as a beginner photographer?
There are many options for a tripod, but not all of them are well-suited to being used outdoors. The 10 best budget camera tripods in this article will help you decide which one is right for you!
Our 3 choices for budget camera tripod
Difference between monopod and tripod
Photographers with monopods have more mobility than those with tripods. At the same time, they provide the kind of stability that only tripods can provide.
Of course, a monopod’s disadvantage is that it is not self-standing. In other words, you must constantly hold it and your camera. You won’t have this problem if you use a tripod.
Shopping on a tight budget Weight and height criteria are comparable for monopods.
However, because you’re still handling the camera, you can get away with shoddy selections for the most part. If it tips over for any reason, you can always catch it.
Monopods are also more affordable. While they aren’t ideal for long exposures, they do take some of the weight off your shoulders. They also provide some stabilizer, which is useful when using long telephoto lenses.
Monopods are available for purchase. If you like, you may even acquire tripods that double as monopods. We’ll go over the many options below to assist you in making the best decision.
Now let’s dive into the 10 best budget camera Tripods for this year.
10 best budget camera tripod for Photographers – Buying Guide
1. Dolica AX620B100
- 62" Aluminum Proline Tripod
- Support up to 13.2 lbs
- Ballhead, quick release plate and bubble level
- Quick release leg locks and non-slip rubber feet
Dolica AX620B100 is a tripod that I picked up for my camera. It’s lightweight and easy to use, making it perfect for those with little experience in photography. For the most part, I like this product because it has an adjustable height that allows me to take pictures from different angles without having to stand on chairs or boxes!
It also comes with a carrying bag and a head mount so you can easily transport your tripod around while still being able to use it as needed. Overall, Dolica AX620B100 is a great buy for those looking for something simple but reliable.
The tripod was created with digital SLR and point-and-shoot cameras in mind. It has quick-release leg locks and plates, rubber non-slip feet, a ball head, and a bubble level. It can handle up to 13.2 lbs. The Dolica aluminum alloy type is the best portable tripod for under 100 dollars.
It can assist you in realizing all of your outdoor photography ideas and shooting at night with long exposures. Furthermore, the tripod will perform well during inside photo shoots.
- The weight hook prevents movement.
- Legs may be extended and adjusted to any type of surface.
- Top-grade build.
- Capable of mounting the camera with a solid metalhead.
- More lightweight than similar models.
- Limited load capacity may not be suitable for heavier DSLRs.
- Not the smallest, most portable option.
2. Bonfoto B671A
- Ultra stable: Aluminum alloy tube, lightweight but strong.Also the tripod has strong twist to lock mechanism, non-slip rubber foot and counter weight hooks that...
- Portable: The tripod legs can be inverted and folded back 180 degrees, saving space size of 15", compact and easy to carry and pack for travel.It also has a portable...
- Easy to operate: With two independent control knobs, the specially designed ball-head can rotate 360°allowing you to get the perfect shot every time.The quick...
- Dual use: The leg with sponge on it can be unscrewed and work alone as a monopod; the center column can be removed from the tripod and join together with the monopod...
The Bonfoto B671A tripod is a very capable and versatile piece of equipment. Its lightweight, yet sturdy aluminum construction features one-touch locks on all three axes, as well as rapid center column adjustments for low angle shots.
This tripod can hold up to 22 pounds which makes it perfect both for your DSLR camera or even a large video camera when you need more stability than the average point and shoot.
The 3-section legs are made of durable steel tubing with foam grips that make carrying this tripod around easy. And if you’re looking for an affordable (yet quality) option, the Bonfoto B671A is a great choice!
They are multi-functional, which means that they may be extended and set up in any way you choose without difficulty.
- Additional stability thanks to a weight hook.
- Steady construction.
- A perfect variant for inexperienced users.
- Built-in monopod.
- Leg joints are made of plastic.
- No detachable feet caps which disclose spikes.
3. Flip tripod
- Compatible with all Flip Video Camcorders
- Flexible metal legs work on both level and uneven surfaces to allow you to shoot video at almost any angle
- Makes it incredibly easy to shoot video of yourself
- Comes with interchangeable colored rubber feet so you can match your Flip camcorder color, or mix and match
A new innovation in the photography game, the Flip Tripod is a tripod that flips over to easily become a photo stand. With its ability to hold both large and small DSLRs at different angles, this compact device can be taken with you anywhere!
Take a look at this compact and versatile tripod that can be used with any Flip Video Camera. Many amateur photographers appreciate how easy it is to catch all of the action with this camera. It makes no difference whether the user is standing or moving.
At the same time, the device serves as a stationary tripod, allowing for steady video and photo sessions. All you have to do now is unfold and place the legs.
Use the detachable straps to attach the tripod to your bike handlebars, helmet, or any other gear if you want to film an action-packed video.
- Minimal weight.
- Easy to carry anywhere.
- Smallest dimensions.
- Possibility for action shooting as well as for still photography.
- Too compact, even short. So, it may be unsuitable for professional shooting.
4. JOBY Gorilla Pod 5K Kit
- Flexible: Grip it, wrap it, stand it, wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera equipment to virtually any surface
- Efficient: Arca-Swiss system compatible quick release plate stays connected to camera for instant set-up
- Accurate: Numbered scale on base lets you accurately repeat 360 Degree pans, secondary knob locks pan separately
- Modular: Works with JOBY pro-level accessories, including grip tight pro mounts, GorillaPod arms and hub adapter that allow for mounting GoPro adapters, flash clips,...
The photographer can attach his or her piece of equipment to virtually any type of surface because the legs of this top professional tripod are wrapped in some specific material. It can flex or swivel thanks to more than 20 joints with rubberized rings and foot grips.
As a result, it may be utilized even on difficult terrain with ease. There are some elements that make this low-cost tripod comparable to high-end versions.
The knobs, for example, have a gripping, moderate rubber touch, and the adjustments are smooth and flexible. The components do not appear to be of poor quality or unstable.
- Convenient for transportation.
- Adaptive construction.
- Strong and sturdy.
- Due to the stiffness of the legs, you need additional time to fix them in the desired position.
5. UBeesize 55-Inch Lightweight Aluminum Travel Tripod
- 【Ultra Sturdy & More Stable】- Supports up to 6.61 lbs/3kg, UBeesize lightweight tripod is made of high-quality aluminum alloy tube & self-adjusting rubber feet,...
- 【Adjustable Height with Flip Lock】- 3 sections column legs with quick release lever-locks allow you to adjust the working height from 21” to 55” in seconds,...
- 【Lightweight & Portable】- Weighs only 2.09 lbs/0.95kg, a pack size of just 22.5 inches/57cm, it is short enough to fit perfectly into your suitcase or backpack....
- 【3-Way Pan Head with Quick-Release Plate】- With two independent control knobs, the 360° rotating handle allows you to get the perfect shot in any angle every...
To make the tripod ultra-sturdy and long-lasting, the manufacturer chose high-quality aluminum alloy tubes. Keep an eye out for the self-adjusting rubber feet.
This mechanism is properly balanced when used in conjunction with a counterweight hook at the bottom of the middle column. Fast lever-locks are used on the four-segment column legs. This allows the user to select heights ranging from 21” to 55” in a matter of seconds.
This type is ideal for travelers because it fits easily into a standard suitcase or bag. A customized case is included as a nice gift for taking this tripod on numerous vacations.
- Height can be adjusted
- There is a flip lock
- Minimal weight
- Incompatible with big and heavy gear.
6. Manfrotto’s 190XPro4
- Solid and fast set up with the new Quick Power Lock System
- Easy Link plug for instant accessory connections
- Built in rotating bubble level
- Q90 Column for great positioning possibilities
Manfrotto’s 190XPro4 tripod is designed for professional photographers who need the best equipment on the market. It has a load capacity of 15.4 pounds and can hold up to 8 kg at maximum height, so it will be able to handle even heavy DSLRs and lens combinations without a problem.
The 190XPro4 also features Manfrotto’s patented leg locking system, which allows you to adjust each leg individually for added stability in windy conditions or uneven terrain.” Besides this, it offers an inverted design that makes setup easier than ever before!
This tripod is made with lightweight aluminum poles yet strong enough to withstand any weather conditions you might face while photographing outdoors.
The four-section Manfrotto MT190XPRO 4 ball head kit (MK190XPro4-BHQ2) is our top pick in this price range. It’s a full-size tripod that reaches a towering operational height of 175cm while folding down to a manageable 57cm.
Despite the tripod’s lack of swing-up legs, this is the case. The 90-degree pivot capability in this newest version is faster and easier to use, allowing you to switch to horizontal boom mode in a matter of seconds.
- Bubble level on the center column.
- Rotate freely to capture new angles.
- Lacks swing-up legs.
- Quite bulky when folded.
7. Benro Rhino FRHN34CVX30
- The Rhino series of photographic tripods offers the best combination of strength and weight without compromising stability. With the reverse folding design, it is...
- The automatic leg angle adjustment allows you to change leg angles with the push of a button. Each Rhino tripod also converts to a full-size monopod when the...
- Dual Panning Ballhead Included - Aluminum Ballhead with Arca-Swiss Style Camera Plate
- Automatic Leg Angle Adjustment - Change leg angles with the push of a button
If you’re a photographer, then you know that the weight of your tripod is one of the most important factors in deciding which one to buy. The Benro Rhino FRHN34CVX30 weighs just over four pounds and has a load capacity of up to 17.6 pounds.
Its small size will allow for easy transportation and storage while its sturdy aluminum legs are durable enough for years of use. This tripod includes an adjustable center column with 4-section telescoping legs, rubber feet, quick release plate, bubble level with tilt indicator, and carrying case with shoulder strap.
The Benro Rhino FRHN34CVX30 provides photographers who are on the go with everything they need at an affordable price!
- Impressive maximum height.
- Simplicity and ease of use.
- Excellent VX ball head.
- pack with fold and easy with carrying.
- No ‘stub’ center column.
- No column pivot mechanism.
8. Vanguard Veo 3+ 263AB
- MACC moves almost 360° in any direction for the perfect setup for any shot, from landscape to macro. MACC can be used as a multi-mount with the included VEO+ MA1...
- Extends to 68 inches and has a maximum load capacity of 33 pounds. Folds to 29.9 inches and weighs 5.4 pounds
- Easy set, solid and easy clean twist locks. Three easy set leg angles (23°, 50° and 80°) with innovative push button lock. Includes rubber feet that can be...
- Includes a tripod leg that converts into a monopod. Removable hook can be used to hang weight for additional stability
If you’re a photographer who’s been looking for a tripod with the versatility to support any type of photography need, then we’ve found your new best friend. Let’s take a closer look at the Vanguard Veo 3+ 263AB tripod!
There is not one thing these tripods can’t do because it has an all-inclusive design that will be able to handle anything you throw at it.
This includes water and sand resistance, four leg sections, three independent head movements (panning, ball head rotation, and tilt), a quick-release plate system with a safety lock button, ergonomic grip on legs for easy carrying, and rubber feet so that your equipment won’t slide around while shooting in different locations.
Vanguard’s VEO 3T+ range of carbon fiber tripods, which combine superior strength with a travel-friendly lightweight design, was recently introduced.
The Vanguard VEO 3T+ 264CB, one of the bulkier members of the family, particularly impressed us, and we fully expect it to be included in this guide when it is officially introduced in June 2021.
- Good maximum height.
- Quick action leg locks.
- Angled center column.
- Stunning design.
- High precision build quality.
- Quite long when folded.
- A longer column might be useful.
9. Peak Design Travel Tripod
- The Travel Tripod brings you pro-level stability, load capacity, and deployed height, yet packs down to the diameter of a water bottle.
- Unique design allows quicker, easier setup/takedown. Secure, fast, and ergonomic camera quick release. Fast-locking, low profile leg cams.
- 20lb weight capacity (optimized for a full-frame DSLR + telephoto lens). Low and inverted modes position your camera inches off the ground . Integrated load...
- Built-in and stowable mobile mount. Securely grips any phone/case .
The Peak Design Travel Tripod is a tripod that’s lightweight and easy to carry, perfect for travel vloggers! It has an aluminum body with extendable legs. It’s lightweight enough for backpacking and durable enough for public transit.
Its height can be adjusted from 28-inches all the way up to 60-inches without tools–perfect for shooting street scenes or getting high above your subject.
Besides being compact and convenient it also features a quick-release plate for your camera or phone so you can snap the perfect picture without having to worry about bumping the tripod while trying to get in position.
The best part? You can use this as a selfie stick too!
- Supremely portable.
- Ultra-low-profile ball head.
- Phone mount and bag included.
- Fits inside many bags when folded.
- Innovative industrial design.
- Expensive carbon fiber version.
- Not the tallest.
10. Gitzo GT5563GS
- Leg Sections: 6
- Carbon eXact Tubing
- G-Lock Ultra Twist
- Easy Link Attachment Thread
Only the greatest will suffice at times. The Gitzo GT5563GS isn’t for everyone — or even a large number of photographers. However, it is the greatest and largest tripod available right now, and if you require the highest height, this is the tripod for you.
There’s a reason the Gitzo GT5563GS is known as “Giant.” It can reach a maximum height of 278cm, which is taller than anyone alive and can carry a massive 40kg of camera equipment.
This is far more capacity than anyone could possibly require – in fact, it is more than double what anyone could require.
- Peerless build quality.
- use for some heavy this.
- Modular design.
- Extremely costly
- Heavy to cart around.
It is important to consider the options and what you are looking for in a tripod before buying.
The 10 best budget camera tripods all have their pros and cons, so it’s important that you keep your needs in mind when making a purchase decision.
We hope this article has been helpful!